Since M. wears his dress shirts every day and wasn't ready to get rid of any, I packed the kids up and went to the thrift store to pick up a few. Whenever I try a new project I do a practice version, and since Sophia is the smallest, she's the lucky recipient!
The fabric for the waistband is from my stash of stuff I meant to use on some project or other but never finished. Don't ask M. about that stuff. He gets grumpy when I buy materials and don't finish the project.
I spent one night figuring out how to adapt the pattern to her size, cutting out the pattern pieces and fabric. Then I did the main sewing in about an hour on one night, and the finishing with the waistband, elastic for neck and sleeves, and hem in two hours another night.
And I finished it just in time for her to wear it to church today!
Now I can't wait to make one for Lily! Here are a couple more pics of S. just because she's so darn cute. :)